Sunday, June 28, 2009

Mom, what do we do?


The first week (Of living a country life) was interesting on the kids. Although they seemed to love it, they were often unsure of what to do with themselves. They would wander outside and then come in and ask, "What can we do?" I would give ideas of exploring, playing under the trees or tire swing and so on... I remember the night I realized they got it. I was busy putting the vegetable garden in and Ted, my husband, was away on a business trip. I could hear the kids in the yard, but I couldn't see them. After an hour I went to watch them. Ok, honesty now, spy on them. My son Will was in his underpants crawling on all 4's in grass taller than his big sister. Apparently, from what I could gather, he was the tiger and my daughters were on safari hunting him. My heart sang because it was as if something had finally given way and they got it. Their imaginations cracked open and they were feet first in adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Robin,
    I love your blog! What a great memory this will be! I'm excited to see how much more "Country" your family become. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great journal, Robin. I love the pics...and your hat! You have always been a country gal!

    ReplyDelete