Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I ate the egg on December 31st.


I did it! I survived! I would even do it again! I ate one of our chicken eggs.

It was prepared as a deviled egg (What a horrible name! I think we will rename them, any suggestions??) and it was positively scrumptious! I intended to bring deviled eggs as an appetizer to a New Years party, but Julia Child was correct, fresh eggs are not good for peeling. Why did I doubt her? It took me an hour to peel 5 eggs and they looked horrible! No need to worry, the kids and I ate them up and enjoyed every last bite. Yolk and all. Like the photo? Natalie took it. :)

In case you are not in the know on this..... I do eat eggs regularly, however, since we added 3 hens to our family last June, I have not been able to eat THEIR eggs unless it is in something. For example, no fresh fried eggs. Why? The yolks are so yellow! Healthier yes I know, but I am a chicken when it comes to food being different than what I am used to. (Ha, pun point, did you catch it?) Anyway, I plan on enjoying more of Helga, Harriet and Hazel's eggs.

7 comments:

  1. YokaMayo eggs?

    Or Yokestirs?

    lol Looking forward to some alternatives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Robin! I just stumbled onto your blog, how fun! These are not new names, but I've heard "dressed eggs" and the French is "oeuf mimosa" which sounds so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always called them Angel Eggs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for you, we are sooo proud. How about naming them Whipped yolk boats??

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing! Way to go!

    Here goes. Are you ready? Deviled eggs should now be named, drum role please . . . "Cluck Cluck Yummies!!" (Is that the sound a chicken makes while laying an egg? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the name, Deviled Eggs, because they are so 'sinfully' delicious! You almost think they can't be good for you so they must be BAD...maybe BAD YOKES! Get it? like the norweigan way to say 'bad jokes'...hahaha!
    love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. How 'bout creamy cackleberry(ies). There's a party in my tummy...so yummy, so yummy!

    ReplyDelete