Monday, January 4, 2010

My literal daughter, oh how I love you!

Natalie turned 6. A dear family friend, Lisa, sent her a birthday card with 6 $1 bills. Pure enthusiasm I tell you! After she counted and looked at it about 23 times, I read her the card. Part of it reads.... hope all your dreams come true. When I read that, Nat replied, "Well that's not true." Inside I thought you've got to be kidding me, my 6 year old already doesn't believe in dreams being fulfilled? I decided to dig. I asked her what she meant. She said, "Well I wanted more dollars and I got them. I wanted to ride a horse and I am going to soon. I wanted a new stuffed puppy like the one daddy got me and I got it for Christmas." I told her it sounds like her dreams did come true. She replied, "Not all of them. I don't want the scary dreams I sometimes have to come true." The light bulb went off. A card wishing Natalie for ALL her dreams to come true was not something she wanted. I love you Natalie. You rock.

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Thanks for sharing Robin. I guess I will have to be more careful next year. I do pray that all her GOOD dreams do come true! Blessings to you sweet literal Natalie. Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love you so much Natalie. Your such a thinker.... I Love it. -- Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful necklace, beautiful smile, beautiful girl! Awesome brain!
    love, mom

    ReplyDelete