Monday, July 20, 2009

It's 8:22 do you know where your kids are?


YES!! Mine are in bed. This is quite early for summer, and a bit late if this was let's say rainy 'ol January. It seems we linger outside playing, playing, playing and then come in and the quick throw them in bed can't happen as they are dirty from head to toe each night! I must admit the bottoms of Will’s feet are stained with black splotches that will not come off and I have no idea where they originated from. I am taking the sharpie-on-the-body approach and going to let it wear off. If it is still there by rainy ‘ol January I will begin to be concerned. I assure you, my kids have never had such regular and frequent bath schedules. We go through LOTS of bubbles in the Bailey household these days. Clean kids are fun to cuddle and kiss. :)

Vacation Bible School started today. Will has been telling me all day long about Moses. Love it! Natalie was excited about the pudding snack and the purple t-shirt with a crocodile on it.

Nat, Will and Lydia did special chores tonight to earn some quarters to purchase canned food items for the church food pantry. Natalie got the concept, work=money=helping others. Will said, "I want to keep all MY money in MY piggy bank." This equation was a new concept tonight for my 4 year old and did not result in the response mom was "expecting". In the end, he dug in and finished his 2 extra jobs. Natalie, older by over a year, said as I lay her to bed, "I want to take more money out of my piggy bank so I can get more than 1 can tomorrow mom." Lydia chimed in, "I want money too!"

I'm thankful to my friend Mary who planted the seed of this idea when she explained she had her boys do jobs to earn money for a camp they went to. I often think of those concepts as being for teens, but forget that those concepts can be a way of life and easily applied to wee ones as well. I am so thankful for the amazing examples in my life. Thank you God for family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment