Tuesday, April 13, 2010

going 2 outside

Yesterday was an interesting mommy day. One of my kids struggles with not being able to go potty outside. She did it anyway and made a mess of her skirt. We talked.

Hours later, the same daughter and another one of my kids were found going poo in the back yard. I looked out the kitchen window and there were 2 white bums 20 feet out under a tree, together. Really?!?! I thought. They both were called in. One of them said, "but mom, I covered it up." The other said, "sorry it was an emergency." I didn't know we needed a no pooing in our backyard family rule, and yet now we have one.

A friend recommended an appropriate consequence. She explained the plastic bag she brings along while walking her dog..... you get the idea.

Despite this interesting point to our day, it was a good one and although Ted had a very interesting day himself at work, it was great to say, "Oh ya, 2 of your kids pooped in the backyard today."

A note: My kids LOVE camping and have gone potty outside on camping adventures. I think if given the choice, they'd choose a tent over a house. My beautiful babes, I love that about you and as your mama I say thank you for the smiles yesterday! :)

1 comment:

  1. You get a big whoppin' 10 for GUTS TO TELL THIS STORY! I can't believe it! Except, I know you don't lie! Maybe you need an old-fashioned out house out there???

    ReplyDelete