Friday, May 21, 2010

8 chickens and no eggs....

Our 7 littlest ladies are 1 - 2 months from laying eggs of their own and "senior" hen Harriet has mysteriously discontinued laying eggs. I believe she's willed herself to stop laying. We have made havoc of her hen house. Her 2 story, 2 nest box and roomy yard "condo" got 8 times more crowded. I think she's withholding eggs in exchange for more real estate. What else could the reason be? Maybe like Farmer Brown, I will get a note on my door. (If you don't know what I am talking about, you must read Click Clack Moo Cows That Type - it's a picture book, of cousre.)

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!! Yes, I believe you are right...her space has been invaded!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still no eggs..... Maybe by the time you come there will be eggs. :)

    ReplyDelete