Sunday, October 11, 2009

love to cook

Our house is preparing for Grandpa's arrival and one of the things I most look forward to is blessing him with yummy food. I enjoy cooking, but LOVE to cook for others. Dennis, my father-in-law is a lot like his son Ted, or maybe that's the other way around. :) These men love to eat and enjoy any kind of food. This makes experimenting a total blast for me. I have elaborate meals planned in my head, but even if they don't all come to pass I know what does will be enjoyed. To try something and not be able to fail, ahhh the best canvas to work with! I can't wait to fill your belly Dennis!

4 comments:

  1. Here's an easy, yummy dessert to try on your tribe:
    Ice Cream Cake
    (use any size container, at least 2-1/2 to 3 inches tall with a cover...I use a rubbermaid one)
    Buy a couple boxes of low-fat ice cream bars, toffee chips or candy bars, low-fat cool whip, low cal fudge topping....
    You can create your own, but what I do is put a layer of fudge on the bottom
    layer of ice cream bars
    layer of fudge
    layer of cool whip
    and repeat
    sprinkle toffe chips or and chopped up candy bar over the top
    I also dot the top with magic shell chocolate...but don't make it solid or it cave inn when scooped out
    I just cut it with a spatula I use for lasagna.
    You would not believe how good this is and the rave reviews! Lasts for several days before the cool whip starts to get watery...like maybe the 4th or 5th day. Maybe it just happens with the low cal kind. I think you could also put chopped up fruit in the layers and make it like a frozed sundae...experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds yummy mom! I want to make it now! :) Love you tons- thanks for taking the time to type it out and share with me, and maybe others too??? Anyone out there?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound delicious! Julia (the mother of the children I nanny) and I enjoy trying new dessert recipes together :) I will definitely copy this down and try it! And btw Robin, I do follow your blog and enjoy it very much! Love and miss you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Thank you Katelyn!!! :) I miss you girl. Have you seen that movie Julie and Julia? It is hilarious and quiet enjoyable, especially if you like to cook. Love you-

    ReplyDelete