Sunday, October 4, 2009

Simple Curtain How To

MATERIALS
1. Tea Towels (2)
2. Safety pins (10)
3. Twine
4. Copper pipe (1)
5. Mounting hardware (2)

Mount a 5/8 to 1/2 inch diameter copper pipe to your wall as the rod. In the plumbing section of a hardware store, you will find copper mounting brackets. Place one at either end by fastening screws in the top and bottom holes.

Use the 2 tea towels as the curtains. Place 5 safety pins at the top of each tea towel, then "thread" a piece of twine through and tie it to the pipe.

Other ideas? Sew a piece of ribbon and use them as tab curtains tied at the top.

Voila! Curtains in less than an hour. :)

*My plan is to change them out seasonally. The curtains pictured are for fall.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea - would have never thought about it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought you a tea towel in Pigeon Forge, TN that I think is almost this exact pattern...I just have to find where I put it! I saw it and said to Jim...this isn't fair to the other girls, I am always finding perfect things for Robin...as I put it back down. He picked it up, bought it, and said SO WHAT?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jim!!! That's awesome mom. :) I do love owls. Can't wait to get it, once it's found.

    ReplyDelete