Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Socks! Oh socks, where art thou??


I love washing laundry, but am not a fan of folding and putting away. I totally fizzle out carrying the warm load to the couch. On top of that, I despise socks! With 10 feet in our family, I find it frustrating from the beginning, and that is never a good attitude to go into a task with. Can anyone relate?

We worked outside this am, cleaning the coop and ripping out the garden. I told Will he couldn't come out until he had socks and shoes on, it was cold. He came out and I didn't notice anything peculiar. After our work, I showed Will how to build a bike ramp. (Will I be sorry for this later?) As he road on the ramp again and again I noticed his socks. The only socks he could find, not surprisingly, were his soccer socks with built in shin guards and ankle bone pads. With his pants on I hadn't noticed. I had to laugh and commit to folding socks today, no matter my attitude.

6 comments:

  1. It's 6:37 and I haven't folded any socks yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Socks are a hassle. Unless they are folded together, its amazing how they can be so confusing. I would have loved seeing your little one with those shin guards on. It was an absolutely beautiful day today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horrible! They are still in the big basket. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think socks are always the perfect gift! It's better to have too many than too few and several the same so when a heel wears out in one it can be thrown and no harm...you will be long one sock til another heel gives way, then even again! And you know how they sometimes disappear somewhere from when they got washed and dried???? I think we called it sock heaven...

    ReplyDelete