Thursday, December 16, 2010

Piano Recital

Natalie did AMAZING at her first piano recital. I would estimate about 100 people in the audience and upon walking in, MY tummy began a full on Olympic gymnastic routine! Natalie, however, was calm as a cucumber. Her choice, she sat in the front row with the other students before and after her song. She was third in line to play. As she walked on the stage she was all business and any nerves she may have had were invisible. She played Good King Wencelas beautifully. I was amazed by her! In front of my very eyes, Natalie grew up. I am one proud Mama!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you, too, Natalie! Wow, you are so brave!!!! I can't wait to hear you play. You know something funny? When it's quiet and I'm just thinking about things...like when I take Belle walking, I humm that song in my mind and sometimes out loud without even knowing it. Good King Wencelas has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember, in this way. I think it comes from when I had piano lessons when I was in the 6th grade. I don't remember a recital, but I remember playing that song when learning the piano and the next year, when learning the violin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Natalie. I still remember my friend who after watching girl like her was forced to change her general attitude towards life.

    gold star gift bags

    ReplyDelete