Thursday, December 9, 2010

wrapping paper

I am anti gift bags. Now if you have ever, or ever do give me a gift in a gift bag let me assure you, NOT TO WORRY! My LOVE for gifts far surpasses my lack of fond affection for gift bags.

I love wrapping paper. It doesn’t have to be out of control unique, although that can be fun. I just think the very nature of tape and paper adds an element of anticipation and surprise that is unmatched by the gift bag experience.

Recently, I went on an excursion with a friend. Upon entering her car she handed me a present. This was completely unexpected. I literally squealed aloud. And although squealing comes natural to many females, it does not to me. Not only was it a present, it was wrapped and a to/from graced the top. My endorphins began a pool party. Then, I started opening it and guess what? Hold your breath, the paper was double sided. A pure nirvana state was entered upon for my mind. Seriously, why is ALL wrapping paper not double sided? It is just way too delightful I tell you. And did I mention the Christmas design was on the inside? The outside was solid red. A double unexpected treat. Well, all this joy and the box wasn’t even opened yet! What was inside? An ADORABLE owl ornament. I have a thing for owls and ornaments. I also have a thing for buttons and felt, the very materials this lil guys was made of. What an unbelievable start to a fun day with my friend.

Double sided wrapping paper, I love you.

2 comments:

  1. oh yes, I am with ya sister! I love gift wrap and any paper really... I try so hard not to use bags, but sometimes they must be used. I will now think of you every time I drool over the fancy two sided paper and very pretty wrapped presents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to make me laugh out loud :) I absolutely agree with you! I always try my best not to use gift bags because I have never been very fond of them myself. My family knows that I prefer paper, and I LOVE ripping the paper off; no neat untaping and folding for me! Definitely relate to you on this my friend :) Love it, love you! <3

    ReplyDelete