Monday, June 20, 2011

bed rest

Don't these words sound lovely? I mean I love my bed and what adult doesn't salivate at the thought of rest? Yet in the context of how these orders were given in my life, they are not so lovely. I am 29 weeks pregnant today and last Friday I was placed on bed rest.

If you watch Seinfeld, you may recall the episode that George winds up in the hospital, before summer and it was to be the summer of George. I can relate to George about now. I had grand plans for active adventures with my kids this summer and that has all come to a halt.

In the rubber burning halt, I've learned a couple things already. First, life must slow down. The pace is definitely competitive to a banana slug, and nothing speedier. Yet, this isn't all bad. Second, I need allow others to help me. With no family in the area, it is obvious that Ted and I cannot do this alone. My fear, or pride, is that I don't want to be a burden to others. I've received this lesson many times in recent years and apparently I have more to learn on it. :)

So, just to warn you I may go blogging crazy because I suddenly have a lot of time on my hands! Writing is definitely on the new to do list. Bed and rest I like you words separately, but seeing you together again is honestly not my favorite.

1 comment:

  1. Keep slowing down...even after the pregnancy! I think you will find more joy in every day! I love you!

    ReplyDelete