Sunday, June 19, 2011

Our daughter





Ted and I have known for 4 years that we would try for a 4th baby. For various reasons, it just took a while to get to the point of having another. We had been convinced for 4 years that we would have a boy and his name would be Samuel Joseph. Well, at 20 weeks we discovered that our Samuel did not have the right plumbing for such a name. :) Oh, our surprise! So, we eagerly await the arrival of our 3rd daughter, name in progress.

2 years ago, a former neighbor gave us a generous donation of items for a yard sale fundraiser. Well, included in the mix was a box of girls infant clothing from the mid-40's. I opened the box and couldn't bare to sell the precious items at garage sale prices. Handmade slips with sweet buttons, dresses with trimmed lace... too adorable. I held onto the box and thought I would come across a friend that would have a baby girl and may be blessed by the vintage treasures. Well, that didn't happen. While packing up the Tilley house, I came across the box and was tickled and blessed by the surprise that it is MY daughter who gets to wear these vintage treasures. I have included a couple of photos of the modeling to come in a few months.

My sweet 4th child and 3rd daughter, I can't wait to meet you! I am elated to see you and learn who your Creator has made you to be. You are an answered prayer, a fulfilled promise for a 4th Bailey and an unexpected blessing to our family. We love you and can't wait to show you just how much. But sweet pea, don't come too soon for we hope when you arrive you come right home with us!

2 comments:

  1. We are believing with you that your precious baby will be able to come home right away, and sporting some adorable regalia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still keep coming up with adorable names for the new one, you are free to use! Praying for her every day!

    ReplyDelete