Tuesday, June 21, 2011

first day of summer... put a bird on it!

Today is the first day of summer! Officially that is, where I live we welcome it after the 4th of July.

So, I had a goal of 23 bird craft projects BEFORE summer and I have fallen way short. It seems my flock is less feathered than I intended. BUT in honor of the summer solstice, here is a small flock of 6 bird note cards from my latest put a bird on it self imposed challenge. Enjoy!

Materials:
- Paper
- Vintage picture book paper for bird silhouettes
- Vintage ribbon found at garage sales
- Buttons and bling
- Glue
- Scissors

*Fun fact about Robin, using recycled items to create makes me all grins!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute Robin! I know I've said it many times before, but I love the way your mind works!! You are so creative and I so enjoy gleaning from your many abilities. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this was a quilt at first glance! Gives me ideas...

    ReplyDelete