Sunday, July 3, 2011

empty glue bottles

I am reading a book titled Edith Ann my life, so far. I want to share an excerpt. "Tomorrow," she'd say (Her teacher) "I want you all to bring in some old string and old newspaper and empty glue jars." It never dawned on her that some of our parents are not string-savers. And who keeps their empty glue jars? I've never seen an empty glue jar myself. In our house, the jar is finally thrown away not because all the glue is gone, but because it's just too dried up to be used.

This made me smile. I thought there are 2 kinds of homes. Those with empty bottles of glue because they use it and those that find the glue all dried up and past its time and ready to be thrown out.

After the smile, I thought on this and then I frowned realizing that somewhere in the last couple years my home has become the second, when really I was always created to be the first. And I have three old enough to use glue children so this puzzles me. And I don't think it's because the glue bottles have gotten bigger. So, once this bed rest business is over, I plan on gluing a lot of things.

On this subject, my sweetie was organizing the garage yesterday and I gave him company from a lawn chair. He said, "Robin, do you realize how many craft boxes you have?" I replied, "Don't complain, I am going to make something wonderful and be your sugar Mama someday." He smiled.

1 comment: