Saturday, July 16, 2011

final post

I end this blog with 2 beginnings. They are both story ideas I scribbled onto paper several months ago. I don't know what will come of them, but I like the idea of ending with the beginning of stories birthed from 'a year with chickens'.

'Natalie and Harriet'
It was an unlikely friendship, but then again the best friendships often are.

On an almost sunny day the decision was made that chickens would be joining the family. My mom went to the farm with empty moving boxes and returned with my soon to be friends.

When I first laid eyes on them I determined they were curious creatures indeed. They didn't seem too excited about their new home and I was a bit uncertain about them. My name is Natalie and this is my story. I am 6 and I fell in love with chickens..........


'A Year With Chickens'
I've tried to write other things, well not with pen but in thought, and yet it is this story of our families last 18 months that beckons me to write. So alas, I give in happy to meet pen to paper once again.

Where to begin sharing a simple decision that unfolded into a grand adventure. I'll start at the end for a moment and say whenever you have a choice, choose adventure. Recognize that it often presents itself quite dully, tarnished perhaps and resembling a lot of work. Choose it anyway and you won't regret it by journeys end. This is my family's flight into a year with chickens..........

2 comments:

  1. You've wetted my appetite! I can't wait to read the rest of these amazing stories. But, I have to say, seeing the end of this blog makes me sad. There were so many posts that simply made me laugh out loud. And that is good for the soul. Love you, and keep on writing, in whatever way that may look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adventure and following the dreams that God has placed on your heart is best done with the people you love. Thanks for the "year with chickens"! your loving husband :)

    ReplyDelete