Wednesday, June 30, 2010

birthday wishes

My birthday is only 17 days away! Ahhhhhh I'm a wee bit excited, can you tell? I love my birthday.

I told Ted several weeks ago that my ultimate gift would be him having my van professionally detailed. He looked at me with a skeptical expression, thinking I was tricking him. He replied, "That's a blender gift". (Father of the Bride analogy) I assured him it wasn't to me. So, that is truly what I would love more than anything this year and it seems as if I'm going to get it. If you had told me at 16, or even 26 that on my 35th B-day all I'd want was my mini van detailed, I would've cried myself to sleep. First for the thought of wanting such a gift and second at the realization that in my 30's I'd be driving a mini van. However, at this mature age of 34, at the brink of 35, it is honestly what I want. How life experience opens the eyes to new perspective.

So, back to my van being detailed.... In my mind it will be nothing short of a miracle to get my van looking new again. I'm thinking Ted may have to pay some extra surcharge for its condition. In the same way that a man pedicure costs $5 extra. There will be an 'oh, you have 3 young children who eat in this van and miss their mouths frequently' fee. For those of you that have seen inside with your own eyes, you know what I'm talkin about!

The question beckoning a response.... Will the Bailey's ever eat in the van again? Yes!! Of course we will. However, we will wait the self mandated 2 weekish period in which only water will be allowed.

Ah... thoughts of a clean van. Birthday bliss I tell you. Pure bliss.

1 comment:

  1. Great article, Bob...you should send this in somewhere, really. Having said that, did you realize that, in just a few days, you will be halfway to 70? I love you! Mom, who can always get you back, somehow, someday, somewhere

    ReplyDelete