Monday, June 28, 2010

Hootenanny Pancakes

At the Bailey house, this is a family favorite. It is quite beautiful when baked and elicits a gasp from guests followed by curious questions of what it is? Very fun.

Bon appetit!


1/2 cup butter
6 fresh eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt

Begin by melting the butter in a 9 by 13 inch glass pan in a 425 degree oven.

Then, beat eggs and milk together, slowly adding the flour and salt. Do not overbeat. Pour into the glass pan.

Bake for 25 - 30 minutes. Lightly dust with confectioner's sugar. Serve with maple syrup, jam or fruit.

Serves 6

2 comments:

  1. I miss making these! I need more mouths in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoorah for hootenanny pancakes!! I miss these!! I remember the first time you made them for me I was like, what the...?? Til I tried them :) Now I will have to attempt to make them myself!

    ReplyDelete