Monday, June 21, 2010

oatmeal

We enter week 4 of oatmeal for breakfast and I am happy to report there are no signs of a revolution.

William has always enjoyed oatmeal, his sisters (like their mama) have never cared for such mushy healthiness. With the cost and sugar content of so called healthy dry cereals, I decided that change was necessary. Frankly, I wasn't sure the switch would work but I pumped myself up and decided this would be breakfast, period. From the first day, the girls ate it. They had uncertain expressions gracing their faces, but they ate it and it stayed down. By day 3, all kids were proclaiming their love of oatmeal. It's been that easy.

Here's the ways we eat it.... Oatmeal with frozen blueberries mixed in, oatmeal with cinnamon and apple sauce and oatmeal with a dollop of maple syrup. I really underestimated my kids and am blessed by a seamless transition to a breakfast that sticks (literally!), is healthy, affordable and easy to make.

Hats off to oatmeal!

2 comments:

  1. I love oatmeal! Always have :) Brian of course hates it, unless of course it's in the form of oatmeal cookies or apple crisp :) Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I like my oatmeal too! LOL Brian and I can eat oatmeal together any time. :)

    ReplyDelete