Friday, June 11, 2010

success!

The kids and I ventured to a sampling of garage sales this morning. I'm not often a buyer, but always a lookey lou. Today, however, I found something different that I wanted to purchase. It is a knitting container, which appears to be hand made. The top has a hole for yarn to exit and the body is blanketed in a fun fabric. Inside, lies a knitting magazine from 1959 and the beginnings of what looks to me to be a black sweater. Although I have an untrained eye as having only been the maker of 2 hats in my lifetime and a few scarves. Oh yes, and there was a wash cloth or 2..... These things count to a novice knitter.

Anyway, the find is delightful to me. I wonder what stories lie within this canister. Who started this sweater? Who was it being made for? For now, it sits on my buffet table, giving away a smile. This winter when I pick up the wooden needles again, maybe I will use it to house my own unfinished masterpiece.

2 comments:

  1. I've been knitting like crazy this past month...probably the 40 degree temperature drop! Love the knitting container. Someday we'll be knitting sweaters! I'm going to try and tackle socks before we leave Africa. Did you and Ted get your hats? No worries if they don't fit, just pass them onto a head they do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth! Hello!!!!!! We did get our hats and we LOVE them!!! I sent you an email, but you must've not received it. :( I am sorry for that! We like our hats very much and have even used them already. Love you guys. :) Knitting socks? You brave brave soul you! Hugs and kisses- robin

    ReplyDelete