Saturday, October 2, 2010

10 Years

Ted and I celebrated 1o years of marriage in September. We had a beautiful day together. He arranged for childcare and we spent the afternoon at Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium, kidless. Following the zoo, we went shopping and to dinner at Stanley and Seaforts in Tacoma. Yum-O! I highly recommend the lobster bisque, it's excellent. Why the zoo? The night Ted proposed he brought me to dinner at Stanley's and then to Zoo lights. He was recreating and the intentionality of his plans touched me deeply.

Ted and I met in college and began dating our sophomore year in. We dated 5 years before tying the knot. As we reflect back on the last 10 years of marriage, we are overwhelmed by the goodness of God. Marriage isn't always easy, and ours has been no exception. BUT, God has been faithful to restore us again and again. We have 3 amazing kids together and they are our delight. We both tear up when we talk about them and adore living life as a family of 5. I am so in love with this man. I am so passionate about growing old with him.

Anniversary day was filled with surprises, probably my favorite being some diamonds at home around my neck. I LOVE diamonds. I do. I'm not always the most girly girl, but do melt like butter from those rocks. Beautiful, just beautiful. I can't wait to see what is unveiled in the next 10 years.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Robin, I guess I missed this one - congrats on 10 years - you two are amazing. Can't wait to see the rock! Love ya, M

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS! Crazy it's been 10 years! and really 15 together :) Thank you for all you've taught us in the example of a happy healthy marriage. We love you guys! Many many more happy years to come...

    ReplyDelete