Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Buttons

I don't know what it is about buttons, vintage ones especially, but I just love them. I bought a large tin of old buttons a while back on craigslist. Yes, a random item to search for, but I did and found them!

I've used the buttons to dress up cards, added them to clothing and even made button rings. (Pictured) Other times, I just need creative inspiration or a smile so I'll rummage the tin and there I often find a new idea and a grin. Buttons, you are delightful!

BUTTON RING HOW TO
Materials:
Buttons
Embroidery Thread
Needle
Elastic

What to do:
Cut a length of elastic that fits around the button owners finger snug, but not cut off circulation snug.

Sew the end of the elastic together, forming a circular ring.

Choose your buttons. This is the fun part! You can stack multiples or grace the elastic with a single button.

Next. Using embroidery thread, hand sew the button to the elastic.

Put on and enjoy!

Button rings are guaranteed to bring a smile to your melon.

2 comments:

  1. Aw remember when I came out and stayed with you guys while Aftynn was living with you, and you and she made button rings for our girls night when we went to Comedy Sports in Seattle? I still have mine, and it makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I do remember that. What a funny night..... I corrupted some innocent minds, but it wasn't my intent! I love you Katelyn!

    ReplyDelete