Friday, January 21, 2011

Christmas money

True confessions now. Often, Christmas cash finds its way to the pot of expenses spent running a family. Gas, home cleaners, tampons, food..... non-glamorous things like that. Before you think my man to be an ogre, let me note this is not his doing, it's my own. I can be my own ogress on this issue. (Ogress is the feminine to ogre)

This year I had cash and I promised to use it not on stuff like that. The givers wanted me to buy something personal for me. So, I went to Target and found 2 treasures I just love. First, a king size green velvet blanket. It is delightful and each night I am now draped in velvet.

The second is a super fly cookbook titled The Pioneer Woman Cooks. It is delicious, quite literally. I drink it up! I have made nothing from it yet, but boy do I enjoy the text and amazing photos. It instantly connects you to a ranchers life, probably because this cowgirl is a former city chick so she sees the vast difference in her today world from yesterday. Even if you hate to cook, I recommend this book. It's that fun. I on the other hand, LOVE to cook and plan on making something to knock the taste buds out this week for us and a neighbor. :) I will let you know how it turns out!

3 comments:

  1. Now I want a big velvet blanket, too! Hey, I have an idea for your Anniversary gift this year but I think I need your okay! Glad you are having fun with your moo-lah! Did you spend your Marshalls card, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PW....my favorite blog to read! It's a guilty pleasure for sure. For my b-day my sis got me her new book "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels". It's not out yet but I'm anxious to have it in a couple weeks! I've made her cinnamon rolls....to die for!! Enjoy your gift. Oh, and I loved you included "Tampons" in your non-glamorous items!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ogress. So that's the feminine form. :)

    ReplyDelete