Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Today is the first day of 2011 and I am excited. I am choosing for today to be a new start to a new year filled with new joy. With out the particulars, 2010 was one of the hardest years I've lived so far. There was much blessing, and even more grace, but great pain to walk through as well. I'm thankful for all I've learned, but even more thankful to welcome in 2011.

I have big hopes for this year. Dreams I plan on putting footprints to. I've been asked about my blog title, 'A Year With Chickens' and all I can say is we're waiting for God to direct our steps. I've thought of grammar correcting it to 'Years With Chickens', but I don't feel like that's the right thing right now so I shall continue as it lies. We are looking for a home. We are believing God has the perfect place just for us, but in the mean time we keep on living. As a side note, Natalie hopes the new home has 2 things. 1. A room of her own. 2. A place to build a coop so the girls can come with us.

I had a funny thought yesterday. We had playfully considered getting 3 alpacas through a connection and I thought well that wouldn't be much and it definitely wouldn't be a farm. I laughed mathing up the animal count. 13 hens, 1 bunny and 3 alpacas? Welcome to the farm! We are most likely going to pass on that opportunity, given we aren't sure when we'll move, but it was a funny thought. It's easy to discount things you've learned when you live them for a season and they just become a way of life. In the beginning of this journey, not creation, I wasn't sure when and what to even feed a laying hen. I am not an expert, but I've learned a little about hens and I am overwhelmed with thankfulness for the adventure I'm blessed to live.

I am excited to unwrap and live out all that 2011 has to offer. I am ready to seize the days!

1 comment:

  1. I think simplifying your life has been a great step into the new year. I find, as each year passes (always faster than the year beore!), that I have to much stuff and I try to do too many things. Simplify is a good word for me this year! BY examining your life...you help me to examine mine!

    ReplyDelete