Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's a chipmunk!!!


What on earth could it be?

I am 99% sure it is a chipmunk, or possibly a whole family?? I spotted the "scout" today while on the deck. Much to MY surprise, he seemed unaffected by my presence and ran right past me. He then ran back and shot down a hole and was heard inside the walls. Hmmm...... I later discovered the kids had filled his hole with pine cones, although I'm not sure I want these critters stuck inside nor that pine cones are much of a deterrent!?!? I read on the Internet that fox urine would take care of it but I can't imagine wrestling a fox for a urine sample. We'll start with live traps and see how that goes.....

3 comments:

  1. Wrestling a fox would give you quite the story though! I would love to read that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, that would be one heck of a blog post! I am vaccinated for rabbies, but I think I'll have to pass. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin - what do you think of the book Crazy Love? I am reading it now myself.

    ReplyDelete