Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Toy Jail


I'm done returning 4.2 million toys and toy parts to their "home" each night. Last night I decided to go around and collect any toys laying out anywhere, other than the toy room. I placed this large collection in a clear plastic bin and set them in the living room. The toy jail was now open for business. This mornng I showed the kids the bin and explained that the toys were in toy jail until Saturday. Natalie was very bothered, Will was untouched but did like hearing the word jail, and Lydia wanted breakfast. I hope this plan works. I hope I don't have 5 bins, filled to the brim by Saturday. Keeping track of when each bin is "released" sounds like a nightmare. I'll report back on how this "inovative" idea goes. :)

2 comments:

  1. This sounds brilliant! Will the children end up in jail if they leave themselves out? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What classic comments/reactions from the kids -- totally their personalities right now!

    ReplyDelete