Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Rooster "Attack" rated PG 13


I ran in the house for only a moment....

Natalie was in the chicken coop with her lawn chair talking to the chickens when I left her. Minutes later, Will came bolting through the house screaming my name and swinging his plastic golf club. He exclaimed, "The rooster attacked Harriet. Come quick!!" I asked what he was doing with the golf club and he replied, "I hit the rooster mom. He attacked Harriet. He jumped on her like this and moved his legs up on her." (He demonstrated this for me...) I tried to hold a straight face and said it sounded like they were "wrestling". After some mommy investigation work, I learned that my son did not assault Hans, my Friend's rooster. He was running in to inform me of the incident and to ask my PERMISSION to hit him. (I did say no.) I went outside and Natalie was quite upset at Hans. I explained my "wrestling" theory and she replied.... "but mom, he didn't even ask her permission to wrestle. Will you talk to him?" Which I then did. Still waiting for eggs, and yet never a dull moment.

2 comments:

  1. Hee Hee!! I bet you and Ted were laughing all night long re-telling that story! Isn't life good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this story- we laughed so hard. Children are just so precious :)

    ReplyDelete