Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Our newest nephew... BRIGGS!!!


Although just over a week old, my newest nephew Briggs has already taught me much. Mainly, we are not in control! This can be hard for me, I admit. Can anyone else relate to that?? I mean it's one thing to say and a whole different ball game to be thrust into a circumstance to demonstrate it. Briggs was born with Downs Syndrome and a hole in his heart. It was all unexpected and a lot to digest. I am reminded again and again that God knit Briggs in my sister's womb and he is wonderfully and beautifully made in God's own image. That is enough. I trust God with Briggs for he is His. God chose Jeremy, Tracy and Owen to be his family and what a beautiful choice He made. It will be a different journey than any of us expected, but it promises to be a richer one I know. I love you Briggs and I am thankful to be your aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment