Monday, August 31, 2009

Tastes Like Fall!

There are a few foods that taste like fall to me. One is my mom’s amazing zucchini bread. Prepare to fight for the end pieces. A little bit of butter and yummy! Enjoy-

Deb’s Zucchini Bread
3 eggs – beat until light and fluffy. Slowly add…
2 cups of sugar – beat while adding
1 cup of olive oil – continue to beat
3 t. vanilla
2 cups of zucchini – mix well

In a separate bowl….
Mix 3 cups of flour with
1 t. salt
1 t. soda
3t. cinnamon
½ t. baking powder
Slowly, sift this mixture into the first while beating.

Spray 2 bread pans and divide

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 – 60 min. – Do the toothpick test!

Makes 2 loaves of bread

3 comments:

  1. Zucchini bread tastes like fall to me too! I just finished the loaf I made (Literally, I gobbled up the last piece!) and now I might just have to try your recipe. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this wonderful recipe. I don't cook but I think I will try it. Blessings, Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a couple discrepencies and figured out the missing spice, although you don't have it...found it in the instructions. It's 1/2 t. nutmeg...also, I had 1/4 t. baking powder but think I will change it to 1/2 like you and try that.

    Just another reason I am grateful for this blog...to get back some of my old recipes...hahaha!

    I am lovin' on # 3 Oh Happy Day!

    Love you, bye! MOM

    ReplyDelete