Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cleaning my Home



I am working towards a clean house today. This seems to be a constant thing to do on my list. Clean the house!

Back in August when I was in MN, I stayed with my sister and learned something shocking.(Which may be a duh to anyone else, but wasn't to me). She cleans regardless of if something is dirty. The floor appears clean, but she washes it anyway. The wood gets dusted even though I don't see any bunny hop going on. At first glance you may think that's crazy, like I did. But I think she's on to something. What I see happen is that her house is ALWAYS clean. (She would argue otherwise I'm certain, but I would counter reply she doesn't know messy until she's been to my house.) I on the other hand wait until something NEEDS to be cleaned, but with a full life rarely do I happen to have the time to tend to the need that exact moment. The result? Laundry explosion, an absence of utensils bowls, plates..., toothpaste party on counters, mirrors, dust bunnies throwing a rave. So, I am trying to get this place in shape today and then will try this new approach. Clean on a certain day, maybe a certain zone each day (Bathroom Day, Laundry Room...), regardless of if it actually needs it. I'll report back.

I am interested in knowing your thoughts. How do you keep a clean house? Please share your tips!

4 comments:

  1. I love you babe and I love our home !

    Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be obsessive about cleaning. There is only the two of us in our family so things don't really get that dirty. I would rather pay for someone to clean my house but I have realized if I keep up with it little by little, it doesn't seem too overwhelming. When I can write on my furniture, that pretty much is a clue to me - get busy and CLEAN YOUR HOUSE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never did get it all clean to start. Hee hee.... I will enact this plan when it is all clean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found a good motivator! I'm hosting lil' sprouts homeschool on Thursday and my father-in-law is coming for a visit. :) All of a sudden I'm ready to tackle my chores!

    ReplyDelete