Monday, November 9, 2009

I just want to belong!

Long, long ago (Ok, like 9 years ago) when I first discovered Starbucks, I so badly wanted to fit in. The atmosphere was divine to me. I had one problem however, I hate coffee and I felt like such a fraud ordering hot chocolate. I didn't feel like I belonged. That all changed when I discovered chai tea. At that point I could order a real drink that was normal to acquire from a coffee shop. Bliss I tell you, bliss.

Well, my latest 'I want to belong' has to do with knitting. The location I want to fit in at is a delicious yarn and other fun things store called Canvas Works in Olympia. I feel like a total impostor, knowing I can only accomplish the knit stitch, even casting on can be a challenge for me. Truth be told, I don't know how to end a project either. (Is this called binding off?). My plan is to learn the purl stitch, bind off and add and decrease stitches. I think those skills are my chai tea equivalent for yarn stores.

*Special thanks to my friend Stephanie who patiently cheers on my knitting desires and helps me end projects. Without you, I would have 2 mile long scarves, truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment