Saturday, November 7, 2009

Play in the puddles

We live in WA and it rains a lot. I often feel I am constantly telling my kids, "Watch out for that puddle!" Well, why not plan a puddle play day. I did this last year and it was a blast. We arrived at the park in rubber boots and rain coats. It was pouring cats, dogs and small bunnies. I opened the van door and told the kids to get out we were going to play. They responded, "But mom, it's raining." I told them they had permission to play in the puddles and their eyes grew twice their regular size. It was awesome. We played for about an hour, received some curious looks from dog walkers briskly paced to return to dry, but it was wonderful. On the way home, they sat in their wet underpants. (I had forgotten spare clothes) At home we took warm baths and had hot coco. I don't know if the kids will recall this day as they grow, but I will wear this memory close to my heart forever. I love you Natalie, Will and Lydia and I adore playing with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment