Monday, March 29, 2010

say no to dickies

Do you know what dickies are? (See picture) During college, one of my many jobs was working at a department store called Glass Block in Duluth, MN. I worked in the accessories department. For those of you who know me, go ahead and laugh. Me in an accessories department? I am probably one of the least accessorized people on the planet. Anyway, one of the many accessories I sold was dickies. Senior citizens flocked in during dickies on sale to scoop up a rainbow for their wardrobe. I didn't get it.

A couple years ago, I realized why. A speaker in her mid-70's shared a letter that she wished she could have sent to her 16 year old self. It was very funny. The one thing that stuck with me was, "When you are moisturizing your face, don't stop there! Continue south and moisturize your neck as well. You'll be thankful you did." She went on to explain how much she liked turtle neck season so she could hide her wrinkly neck. I thought, that's why women wear dickies!


So, moisturize your face and neck!

2 comments:

  1. That's why I wear scarves...but both scarves and dickies are uncomfortable in this summer weather of a Georgian Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe fashion scarves are the modern dickie?? Yes, in 90 degree weather I wouldn't want to wear one of those either. Love you mom! I think your neck is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete