Wednesday, March 3, 2010

observations...

Natalie is a little entrepreneur and I believe she will be a business owner, of some kind, some day. Outside she often collects things. Rocks, pine cones, leaves, feathers, sticks.... On multiple occasions I've overheard her explaining to Lydia, "We can collect hundreds of pine cones Lydia and then sell them for money. Real money Lydia!"

Today, Natalie is "leading" her siblings in making toys on paper. She said, "Mom, we don't need to buy any new toys again. Instead, we can draw toys, cut them out and play with them. We can save our money mom!" I had to laugh inside. I'm sure the luster of playing with a paper horse will wear off quickly. And poor Lydia that only has scribbles to play with. :) But then again, they've been going at creating these new toys for about an hour and already I'd call that success.

4 comments:

  1. Poor Lydia. That must be some imagination she has. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree and I love it! Trying to not let TV suck it out of 'em. Some weeks I'm better at that than others. :)

    ReplyDelete