Friday, February 12, 2010

chicks in our future

As you may have assumed, Hazel and Helga never came back. Maybe they found their promised land elsewhere or maybe they were a blessed dinner for a hungry critter. Either way, I miss them and think of them with GREAT fondness.

As a family, we've decided that Harriet needs new friends! Most chicks arrive to feed stores by the end of the month, I've been making calls. We may go that route or maybe mail order them this go around. I'm leaning towards mail, but a minimum order is 25 chicks. Did you laugh? I'm confident I could sell the excess, 20!, and maybe come out even for what I will put in. Can you hear the pitch I'm already sharing with my husband? The kids know that chicks will be coming soon and they are SO excited. Although none of us have a clue what this will mean to our daily life. I've thought of naming the second set all letter "i" names. Ingrid, Itchy, Isher, hmmm it may be hard to think of "i" names. Why "i"? It comes after "h" and our previous 3 were all "h's". Maybe I need to explore "g" possibilities....

To say our family loves living on land would be an understatement. I am slightly anxious for chicks and today the kids and I enjoyed biking in mud puddles. We went out looking for them and they exist in abundance here. The rain has not stopped our daily outdoor adventures. I love it. I'm also starting to get restless to work in my garden. I have BIGGER plans for this year. Also, since I can begin sooner than last year (We didn't move in until June!) I plan on starting most things from seeds. I welcome thoughts of dirt in my fingernails. Ahhh.... spring you are welcome here!

1 comment:

  1. Blossoms are beginning, husband is sneezing and itching, Spring is in the air!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete