Thursday, February 25, 2010

3 chicks have arrived

We bought 3 chicks from the feed store yesterday. 1 barred rock and 2 ameraucanas. Our bunch is quite excited as this is all new for us. So far, I've learned that despite being so little and only 1 day old, these little girls are noisy! I'm so glad I listened to Ted and made their home in the laundry room versus the living room. We got 1 barred rock because that's the same kind Harriet is. At the check out line, Natalie asked me, "Mom! Does Harriet know she's a barred rock?" I thought that was adorable and it led to some interesting conversation. Later, I overheard Natalie outside explaining to Harriet that she was a barred rock and we got a friend for her that will look just like her. Too cute. The adventure begins and I feel this is a necessary piece in a year with chickens.

1 comment:

  1. Although Hazel and Helga will be missed, I am excited for your new additions. Yay, for chickens!!

    ReplyDelete