Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Envelopes are left out

I feel bad for envelopes. Here's the deal, as I see it. They are not the letter, which is the recipient of all the emotion, often joy. And as if that is not enough they get ripped open and discarded. Case in point, if someone sent you an empty envelope and you opened it you would just have disappointment and you'd throw it away. We need a plan for positive envelope self esteem. In college, I placed stickers on all my envelopes, including the bill company. I got teased a lot, but I figured they (The person opening the envelope) could use a smile. So, in 2010 I am committing to embellishing my envelope in some way that can evoke a smile that will be solely for the envelope. Care to join my cause?

3 comments:

  1. I will join you. I've been having M color on the envelopes when sending to family. She is always so interested in what I might be sitting down at the table to do that this is a way for her to "help me with my project". It makes me smile for the people receiving them on the other end. Call us a rare breed I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After receiving one of these lovely envelopes, I would have to agree, it made me smile! (BIG!) And guess what, I kept the envelope! No more envelope sadness. My envelopes' self-esteem is through the roof. I love the way you think Robin Bailey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Kari! Thanks for joining the cause. :) LOL

    April, I'm glad you liked your envelope. :)

    love ya ladies!!

    ReplyDelete