Friday, February 25, 2011

a closed door...

The seller chose the other buyer and so the door to that home, the home spoke of in the previous post, is closed. There is a little part of me that is bummed, but I am at such peace about it as well. We prayed for God to open or close the door and He did. We gave it our best and have no regrets.

I am curious what our home does look like. Where it is, who our neighbors will be and such. I choose to look at this as an adventure because honestly it would be so easy to jump on the downer train and ride that baby all over the place. I fight that choosing to put on different spectacles. The truth is God knows everything about our next home. He knows what light bulbs are burned out, what floor boards creak as well as every crack in the wall and dust bunny hiding in the corners. This brings great comfort. I don't have to know it all yet. We are thankful to be able to stay in our current home as it is listed for sale. So, the door closed but you know the old cliche, a new one shall open!

2 comments:

  1. I prayed for your peace and encouragement this morning...going into a spare bedroom, as Jim was like a bull in a china shop once he started moving around. Like usual, when I pray that for someone else, I too, am blessed. He has His BEST in store for you...of that, I am sure! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what the Lord has in mind for you two. That just means there is something more than you could every imagine or hope for. Love ya, M

    ReplyDelete