Monday, February 7, 2011

washing machine

More than coincidence...

I love my washing machine. It is a front loader and can handle the great amounts of laundry my tribe produces. Over the weekend, it quit working. My hubbie looked it over, made some adjustments and we hoped it was good to go, but it wasn't. Last night we contemplated what to do. A new washing machine wouldn't be cheap and although craigslist is great, who knew what we'd be getting. We slepped on it. Not literally, as our bed is quite comfortable and the washing machine would not be.

Today at work, at the end of the day, Ted overheard the word washing machine. As it turns out, a co-worker had an extra he was going to list for only $75. Hallelujah! I am serious, hallelujah! To some, this may seem like a mere coincidence, but we've learned that God's hand is all over stuff like this. God cares about every detail of our lives, down to a mom's stress for a washing machine out of order. I am so grateful by this awesome personal reminder to me that God has me right in the palm of his hand. He's able, willing and ready to handle any hardship our family faces. If you don't know Him, I'd love to tell you about Him. I'd love to share with you how he redeemed and saved me. The way he took a marriage the world tried to break and made it new. I am sold out for Him.

Ahh.... the gentle stirring of our "new" washing machine. I am so thankful!

4 comments:

  1. I love how we can see God in ALL areas of our lives. Praise the Lord for a $75.00 washing machine and that the Lord knows all our needs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy oh boy Robin. Powerful testimony. The story of the washing machine is great. But, wow! What courage and happy confidence! "If you don't know him, I'd love to tell you about Him..." Girlfriend, you are a sweet and gentle powerhouse woman I am thankful to have as my sister in faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, how's it working out? I'm thinking maybe more loads, but better than carting things off to a laundromat, right?! I always think new is nice, but get excited when I can re-use something...I think it's a journey we get to and you got there sooner than I did. You have helped me learn this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The $75 machine works like a dream! We are running it more often, but miraculously my laundry moutains haven't gotten any bigger. :)

    ReplyDelete