Monday, February 28, 2011

i put a bird on it...

On the 18th of February, I posted a video about putting a bird on it. Since my name is Robin, I do like birds and think it's a splendid idea to put a bird on things. Won't you join me? I was trying to imagine how many birds constitute a flock.... The term is a bit ambiguous, referring to a group of birds. A group could be 3, but I think that would be a sad little flock. So, I am shooting for 23. Yes, 23 ideas for putting a bird on it. The deadline? Before summer. Easy peasy as my kids and I say. So, here's my first one.

I made a simple bird mobile using a stick, twine, felt, 3 buttons, glue, hole punch and a scissors. I googled for a simple bird template I liked and oodles of them popped up. Good old google.

I made this spring time mobile in less than 30 minutes and I like the results. This one is being mailed to my Mama tweet. I think it would look great in a window sill so this one is putting birds on your window or anywhere else you can imagine.
Put a bird on it!

3 comments:

  1. Robin,
    Awesome idea - so bright and cheery, especially in these last few days with the snow. I have been hearing robins sing in the morning so I know spring is in the air. The birds make me sing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am guessing that I am Mama tweet? YAY!!!! I already have the perfect spot for it! looks liek a great project for kids, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Marilyn! Yes, the robins in the morning are making me itch for spring. That sound IS music to my ears too!

    Mama, YES!!! This is being mailed to you. :) I am glad to hear that you have a perfect home for these fine feathered friends. :)

    ReplyDelete