Friday, February 18, 2011

funny story friday #1

One of my favorite things to do in life is laugh. Life is funny. Funny things happen and I am going to start funny story Friday's for the next bit of time. Each Friday, I will share a funny story from my own life. I commit to only write true events that happened. I hope they give a chuckle to you whenever you happen to find them. Because what the world needs now, besides love sweet love, is laughter!

I was on the golf team in high school. Stop laughing, that's not the funny part. I rarely tell people I golfed on a team, even back then, because there is an immediate assumption that I must be quite the good golfer, to which I am not. At one particular tournament I was in my usual territory, off the fairway in a huge grove of trees. (Yes, we have trees in ND!) Never wanting to take a penalty stroke, I hit the ball where it lied. I swung, looked up and searched for my ball. I heard it hit a tree. I looked around and saw the ball heading straight for my melon. It hit me square in the forehead. (I forgot to yell fore and warn myself.) Not only did I hit myself, but it left an indent of the ball in my forehead for the next couple of hours. Thank goodness for that hat in my golf bag! And just for the record, the ball landed a hair further back from where the shot began from.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that explains a lot!!!! LOL!!!! But really, you do have a beautiful swing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNEW when I wrote this post that you were going to comment on my swing. My mom, one of my biggest chearleaders! Love you-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you still have Dance Party Thursday Nights?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually laughed out loud reading this!!!! It's so funny and I can totally see it like it happened in slow motion...Good word play, by the way, with how it landed "a hair" further back from where it started!! I like Funny Story Fridays!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lori! Give a laugh is just what funny story Friday is all about!!! I am racking my brain for a funny one for today.... Not feeling too funny. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look like you had a good swing. And being around you always brings me joy - keep 'em coming. ROTFL

    ReplyDelete