Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Shopping


Last Saturday I had my first girls dedicated clothes shopping day in 13 years. When I first moved to WA, I didn't know anyone so I usually shopped alone. Once kids entered the scene, shopping was something I didn't necessarily look forward to and for sure didn't plan.

So, last Saturday I went shopping, ALL DAY, with 2 super cool ladies. I will call them L&J. Now, we left at 8:30 in the morning and got home at 4 in the afternoon and that was a lot of clothes shopping for this girl! I learned some things in shopping with these ladies that are probably duhhs to most, but I shall share anyway.

- First, you really can't tell on the hanger how something will look. Sometimes it looks much worse.... and sometimes your shocked that it looks great.

- Shopping with others is a hilarious comedic event. I laughed my face off and that is my favorite thing on earth to do.

- When shopping with others, failure is not an option. Literally, had I not found a dress for an upcoming wedding, I am certain we'd still be there.

- When shopping with others, you never know what will end up in your dressing room. You may think it's a mistake, but oh no others have a vision of something they think might be perfect and you must just go with it because really you never do know.

- Shopping with other bargain lovers makes 3 people have super bargain senses. It was awesome!

- And finally, it's important to shop with people you are comfortable with. I didn't once feel fat, frumpy or out of place. It was a marvelous experience!

Thank you L&J! That was more fun than I can find words for.

2 comments:

  1. Shopping with friends is THE BEST! I have great memories of shopping with my sister and two long-time friends. We'd all cram into one dressing room and just have a ball!! So fun! Glad you found a dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a super fun day! Thanks for sharing your shopping tips for this girl that hasn't quite yet mastered the art of shopping. :) I'm glad you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete