Friday, March 25, 2011

Yard Sale Sign

Oh goodness, spring is in the air and although that means birds singing, tulips blooming it also means yard sale signs popping up all over to this girl! My heart goes all pitter patter just thinking about it.

I love vintage, a fun way of saying old or used, items. I love them because I feel they have a story to tell and I am inspired by what that story could be. Going to sales awakens my creativity in a way similar to nature for me. I just love it!

Pre-kids and pre-walking kids, Ted and I went "hunting" most weekends. Not big game, but for the truly unique to us, note yard sale treasures found are usually appreciated best in the eye of the beholder. I recall on one particular morning we set out for an estate sale in Steilacoom. I was thinking over breakfast how wonderful it would be to find a krumkake iron. My grandmother made it every year and it brings back all sorts of warm fuzzies. We went to the sale and were digging through the unknown in the basement, suddenly there it was. A krumkake iron for $5. I wanted to do a back hand spring, but I don't know how. I miss that time together with Ted and think maybe Saturday morning dates would be a perfect time for me and my guy to hang. Starbucks in hand, loads of ones (like 10) and a nose for bargains and treasures. Ahh.... I need to set that up soon!

Yard Sale signs, it is so good to see you again! Welcome back.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what about that great chair you found on Debbie Court in Olympia? And shopping for material to re-cover it? What a find!

    ReplyDelete