Thursday, March 31, 2011

back to twins...

It was a rough night sleep last night. There was a professional game of tug the blankets going on in my bed. I was not victorious. Years ago, Ted and I stayed in Leavenworth at an adorable German Inn. The huge king bed had 2 twin down comforters on it which seemed odd to us. However, after our first nights sleep, we awoke in the morning and realized the genius of it all. We returned home and with Birthday money, purchased 2 twin down comforters for our own bed. Bliss I tell you. Well, over the years, they became worn and the feathers refused to stay in their sewn squares. Somehow, they all escaped to the end. I threw them out. Ted encouraged me to not throw them until we replaced them, but my thinking was if I never got them out I never would replace them. Wrong. Almost 2 years later and I still haven't done it. Then, last night occurred. I am re motivated and have a new appreciation for why that plan works well for us. So, I am googling deals on down comforters today!

A few final thoughts to note ....


-None of this affects Ted's sleep. He is the King of blanket stealing. It all amounts to his technique. He rolls over in his sleep, but always in the same direction thus is often wrapped like a mummy by morning. I have studied him. The way it affects him, I believe, is that he has to listen to me complain about how terrible it was to sleep with no covers.

-When we had twin comforters we still used a king sheet and for whatever reason the sheet is never the issue. I never have understood this as we begin our night of sleep under the sheet.

-If you wish to give this a go, be prepared to have boring duvet covers. Most duvet's for twin beds are for children's and so the designs would not be fully appreciated by the adult rester. However, solid earthy tones can be easily found.

2 comments:

  1. It's not even Friday, and this is a funny story, Robin! Very funny! Oh, and a great idea, btw...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seth has been known to wrap himself burrito fashion as well, and he is the warm blooded one! Love the story Robin. :)

    ReplyDelete