Wednesday, December 16, 2009

15 days left to eat THE EGG

Just recalled my earlier post declaring I would eat one of our "farm" fresh eggs before the new year. Suddenly, with only 15 days between me and the yolky school bus, I have the flee feeling. Anyone relate? Ever volunteer to do something that is months away and then as it approaches the reality of what you've said you'd do sinks in. I've been there too. So a few cliches come to mind... the glass is half full. I mean at least I have food to eat, right? Don't count your chickens before they are hatched. Hope! Maybe they will cease laying and there will be no egg to eat. Or, grin and bare it. Which is probably the most appropriate for the given egg eating dilemma. I'll be sure and post a pic of me savoring every bite! Ha!!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Claudia for the reccomendation on the eggs benedict. I think that's the route I may take, and I'll be loading on the hollindase sauce. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to let you know, we just enjoyed a bright yellow, Bailey's farm fresh, egg and sausage scramble and the taste was great! Just close your eyes and you won't notice the difference! (But you are right. They are veerrryy yellow.)

    Go Robin Go! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're still hesitant on eating an egg, don't!! So what, reckon the chickens will tell the cows? Then again, here are a couple suggestions on how to "hide" the egg... chef salad, fried rice, or use it in breading to bake some chicken.

    ReplyDelete