Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Bridesmade Roadtrip (and a very very merry random post from yours truly.)

Have you been in lots of weddings? Why not take all those bridesmaid dresses and take a road trip with some girls this spring or summer. You could start planning this great adventure now. (I say the girls, because I don't think a man could truly appreciate this experience.) Here's what you could do....

1. Choose a destination. Mount Rushmore? The Grand Canyon? The largest ball of twine? A big city near your town? You get the idea....
2. Round up some adventure seeking friends
3. Pack all those dresses you were promised, "Really, I think you could wear my bridesmade dress again."
4. Along the route, take photos of you by interesting sites wearing the dresses. For example in Jamestown, ND there is an albino buffalo. Wouldn't that make a lovely backdrop to that dress from your best friend's cousins wedding? LOL
5. When you return, make a postcard of you in the dress and send it to your friend. Say something like, "You were right! I was able to wear the dress again."

I think this kind of trip sounds like a BLAST! I have been in 3 weddings and would need to work hard to locate the dresses. HOWEVER, I think it would even be fun to buy hideous dresses at Goodwill, give them a good story to tell and take them along too.

The point is FUN! We all need to laugh and have more fun. Be inspired and watch out America, a bridesmaid road trip may be coming through your town soon.....

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a blast. I have been in two and have no idea where they are but I know one is wine-soiled from a limo ride and chinese firedrill on Broadway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good book... "Wild tales from my WILD mom!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds awesome! I'm in! I still have one, but I'm pretty sure I threw away the other one. Yep, it was that bad. :) You have a fun mind Robin Bailey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm too old to be in weddings these days but the road trip sounds fun - let's do it. If the guys can take 4 days off, we can too!

    ReplyDelete