Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I fired up my oven today.

I just began Christmas baking. During my childhood, my mom, sister and I started way early and would freeze the creations. I would "secretly" sneak in the deep freeze and snatch some of the goodies. I especially liked the frozen white almond bark dipped pretzels. Yummy! Or the handmade chocolate dipped caramels. Ok, now I am drooling. My poor mom when it came time to put the plates of goodies together, which she gave to everyone we knew, was sometimes shocked to see a tin no longer full. Sorry about that mom! I'm sure you contemplated placing a padlock on that deep freeze, and you probably should have done just that. :) It's different for my family today, we don't have lots of functions that we bring baked goods to and our family can only eat so much.... although I do sometimes wonder when the 'too much' point will come as we have several sweet tooth's.... So, today I made fudge and peanut butter/Hershey kiss cookies. Both remind me of my Grandma Lorraine at Christmas time. We have our lil sprouts home school Christmas play tonight and I intentionally signed up for cookies so I would have a reason and the accountability(!) to bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment