Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Blues

Ok, really now the rain can be done for a bit. I would like to suggest to said droplets that you all have a big party tomorrow, falling down and whooping it up all at once and then for once may the sunshine, my dear nearly forgotten friend, come out to play? I have almost forgotten what she looks like. On the vein of rain..... here's some blues.

A childhood blanket of my husband's. It's worn and well loved, but I adore the vintage fabric and love wondering what was my Ted like as a kid.

The game of Carcassonne is super fun and always gets the blues kicked out of us. Winters in WA are often "game time" in our home.

The kids toothbrush holder. Maybe also the number one germ holder? I have 3 children with teeth and yet there are 4 brushes in the holder. I don't ask. Sometimes it's better not to know.

My son Will's baby blanket. It was made by a dear friend with her own 2 hands. The lost art of homemade gifts are a treasure. The blanket is soft and takes me back to when my buddy was a lil guy.

This pillow makes me smile. I think it is modern country and I love it.

Ok, I take back one of the comments on the tooth brush holder.... this is probably the number 1 germ holder!

This game is fun too. We don't play standard Farkle rules because those who first taught us to play did not. We call them Georgia rules. Georgia rules makes a simple game not so simple, but also extra fun.

Butter..... Ahhh there are no substitutes used in our home and we love it!

1 comment: