Friday, April 15, 2011

Funny Story Friday #8

Today is my 8th funny story Friday and in honor of the number 8 I will share a fun fact which might be funny or more likely, just odd.

In fourth grade, I had to memorize my multiples. I wasn't fond of this. I bombed the 6's and 7's and was discouraged. I decided to go all out on my 8's. I would show Mrs. Kaufmen there was a mathematician in me. It was a beautiful recitation that unfortunately did not carry through to the 9's the following week. Anyway. Still today, 8 is my favorite number and I often recite the multiples of 8 at record speed. Randomly, Ted will say "go" and I will recite away. I love it!

So, that's it. I am crazy about 8's and the multiples of. I've got to go and recite now. 8, 16, 24, 32, 40, 48, 56, 64, 72, 80, 88, 96, 104..........

3 comments:

  1. I love that Ted says, "Go", and you are off! That is the cutest thing ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always loved being timed! Does he do that, as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The number '8' represents new beginnings...I like it!

    ReplyDelete