Friday, April 22, 2011

Nurse Ted

No, Ted has not begun a new profession. However, he is my "nurse" every Tuesday evening. Being that I have a history of preterm labor, every week beginning at 16 weeks of pregnancy, I receive a P-17, progesterone, injection in my rear. Although I HATE shots, I am thankful that Ted can give them to me in the comfort of our home. My first daughter arrived 5 weeks early, my son 6 weeks early, and so my OB began these injections with my 3rd who was born a whopping 9 pounds at 38 weeks. We are hopeful these injections will again keep the baby in until he/she is healthy and ready to enter the world.

Our first 2 babies lived in neonatal for a season. Lydia was able to come right home and we were like first time parents. I recall asking my nurse if she had an alarm clock for me to borrow since I had forgotten mine. She asked why I needed one so I explained that I wanted to set it to nurse Lydia. She howled and asked if this was our first baby. She then looked quite puzzled and concerned when I said no it was our 3rd. She explained that a 9 pound healthy baby could wake me up and that if she slept then I should give thanks and sleep. This was VERY different than it had been with our first two babies. It was a precious treasure to have a new experience the 3rd time around.
I can't wait to meet my 4th, but I can wait until my due date so stay in there lil one!

No comments:

Post a Comment